Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Wait... Jesus Has Something to Say

Here's the mailer we sent out to a few thousand homes this week. We always said we would be tools for Christ. Please, accept the invitation... Our third preview service is this Sunday, December 9th.


Letter from Jesus: Hello! My name is Jesus Christ. Remember me... Christmas, Easter? I’m that guy! I know you’ve probably lost interest in me a long time ago. Well, I must tell you, I haven‘t lost interest in YOU... Nor, do I believe popular culture has lost interest in telling you about me either. Did you see Stewie poke fun of me on Family Guy? or how about Morgan Freeman pretending to be me again in another “Almighty” film? or what about the Heroes that keep suggesting that I gave them their extraordinary powers? I agree, some of it is funny and intriguing. Although a nice try, it's not quite me.

..Well, enough of that. It’s time for you to get to know the real me. I want to invite you to a brand spankin’ new church I’ve launched in Chula Vista, CA. Seven San Diego is currently meeting at Olympian High School in Otay Ranch once each month. I have assigned Jeremy McGarity, former professional baseball player turned pastor, to lead this church. He met me while playing for the St. Louis Cardinals, Colorado Rockies, Texas Rangers, and Duluth-Superior Dukes. He now lives in San Diego with his wife, Janie, and two kids. Check out their new church on the following previews dates. They will meet week to week beginning in February. Their current teaching series is titled, “iNeed a life: A guided tour through messy spirituality.” You don’t want to miss it, JC

No comments: